How much does staging your house to sell cost? I found this article from Mike Santos very interesting. He is in Canada, however I feel it is relevant her in the United States as well. Here are some of the statistics he provided:
- 79% of sellers are willing to spend up to $5,000 to get their house ready for sale.
- 63% of buyers were willing to pay more money for a house that is move in ready.
- 86% of those surveyed said storage space is important to potential buyers.
- The Top 3 interior features for selling were freshly painted walls, organized storage space and current flooring.
- 79% of buyers indicated they would be willing to pay a premium for a home with an updated kitchen.
- Home staging is typically much less than the first price reduction.
What do you think? Have you ever staged your home, personally or professionally? Call me for a consultation today!
*Stats provided by HomeGain2012 (www.homegain.com/sellertools